Monday, October 15, 2007

Be friends with Led Zeppelin

In light of the upcoming gig and repackaging, Led Zeppelin now has a Myspace page. You too can be "friends" with one of the all time greats (even if that friendship with John Bonham is posthumous).

In addition to the Myspace presence and yet another repackaging/remastering, Led Zeppelin's whole catalog (yeah, that means Coda too) will finally be available through all online music retailers as of November 13th. Once again, I have to ask, who doesn't own these albums already?

Oh yeah, and they've partnered with Verizon for Zeppelin ringtones, so they've managed to find the one format in which I don't want to hear Led Zeppelin. I don't even grow tired of "Stairway" on the radio, but I'm sick of the ringtones before I even hear them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

You probably would hate my ringtones, I have three different ones. When my son calls it plays "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name". When my ex. bf calls it has a ring I won't mention here only cause it makes no sense and if anyone else calls it plays "Its a Beautiful Day". I was told to turn my ringer off at work because it was immature but I still like them.

Are you going to "friend" Zeppelin?

4:43 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Yeah, it sounds like your phone would make me crazy! Funny.

I did add Zeppelin. Myspace is largely awful, but it is a good way to find out what's up with different bands.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Hard Rock Hideout said...

Since Robert Plant as a whole has tried to distance his career from LZ, I doubt much activity from actual band members will ever take place there, but...what the hell...I have to add them.

I hope the one off Reunion gig changes Plant's mind.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home